Monday 22 October 2012

Night time outside Basel

I must say that it seems like air condition is a no-no at my hotel. Last night I woke up almost once an hour. i thought that was because of my nervousness considering that the day would include finding my apartment to be, but now I'm thinking that it could be the warmth.

I am staying in a hotel outside Basel, in a place called Muttenz. Nice place (except for the air conditioning problem). In Basel, there's right now some sort of a contest which means that all hotel rooms in the city are taken. I have a nice room, a somewhat strange bathroom set up, and the room has windows facing the traffic... And to survive I have to keep at least one window open.

Well, today I have been exposed to apartments that could very well be my future home!!
The day started at 9.00 when the sweet relocation-lady picked me up. She gave me a schedule and off we went! The first apartment we saw was a furnitured one, in case I would need something while waiting for my dream apartment to get free. The second one was a three room apartment, big one, nice balcony and it was placed close to a small river (connected to the river of Rihne).

The ones that i really consider however are:
1) two room, Nice apartment close to the train station, fire place, nice area and a terrace (ok price)
2) two room, newly renovated with laundry room in apartment. 4th floor, amazing view of Rhine, close to city centre. (Very expensive)

Hm... The decisions to take!!
Tomorrow I will meet with PWC, hope they can give me some good advice!

During the day I have been exploring the city and the nice relocation-lady have given me some useful advice. I have found an Irish pub called Paddy Reilly's which is close enough to Paddy's back in Malmö. (I already feel like home!) In Basel there's a Swedish club that I could join, a choir that I found. Was thinking of attending a Rotary meeting in Muttenz today, but I probably got the days mixed up. Instead I went back to the hotel, fell asleep, missed the whole evening, and now I'm ready to sleep again!

Tomorrow will be a day at the office. Hopefully someone can fix my computer who seems to not wanna communicate with me in a proper mannered way anymore... :/

No comments:

Post a Comment