Monday 15 October 2012

Monday

This has been a pretty good Monday. Started with an efficient meeting at work. After lunch I joined in on a meeting with my future colleagues! Think I got a good start. But yet you never know.. Can't help analysing what I said (did I say something strange on the phone? Did I make a good impression? Should I have talked more... Or maybe less?!) well, it was an ok meeting.

The look and see trip is next week. However I haven't got the flight tickets and the hotel booking confirmed yet.. :/ but it will probably be ok. Will be nice to go to Basel with the knowledge of that I will actually live there!!

Tonight I have been at a Rotary meeting. And direct after we had a board meeting. (no, Rotary is not only for retired people...) always interesting meetings. Fantastic persons both in the club and in the board. This is another thing that I will leave behind. I will keep my membership for some time. But might transfer to a Basel
Club if I can find some. You know, Rotary is the organisation that is working to extinct polio from the world, we have a network of doctors (like doctors without borders) that we send all over the world. You get new knowledge from different lectures every time you attend. And it's a world wide business network. Oh my! Did you knew that?!
Well, I really enjoy today's lecture, made me think of what good we can bring to this world. It was about how to help people. One guy sold his house to
Buy an apartment building so that they could provide several families with a place to live. Wish I was more like that!!

Instead of selling anything to help I have spend the evening building my business network via linked in.

And I am almost afraid of admitting.... I have started to listen to Christmas music...

No comments:

Post a Comment