Saturday 26 January 2013

Revealing truth from ski trip

OMG! Second time skiing outside of Sweden! It was fabulous! I enjoyed it tremendously!

But here's all the truths from today's trip!

I was of course so tired this morning when the alarm went off. Today I realised that I go up much earlier in the weekend than I do any of the week days! Strange what a trip to the mountains can do to you! I can for sure find several people that could stare that I'm for sure not a morning person.

When we came to Engelberg I bought a helmet when I was picking up my ski's. of course it's pink and it matches my outfit!!
Today it went better skiing in one way. I was much more secure and balanced, but at the same time I fell... A lot! But when I show you the slopes that we tried on I hope it will make some sense...
My god... We went down a yellow slope. Yellow is not a colour I'm use to when talking about skiing. It was a mogul piste! I have NEVER in my life tried it. It was either that way down or riding with the lifts. I tried. It was probably painful to see. I fell for sure, more than once, but I got down alive and pretty much in one piece. Then we tried on a really steep black piste, I swear it was a 90 degree steep on that! It took me about 5 minutes of breathing before going. First time it actually went well!! Second time... I fell at the very beginning. And I came into a spin and went down the slope with my head first for at least 200 meters! And during the fall I was trying to get a grip with my ski's but since I was upside down that only created a big snow cloud! Eventually I found a way to stop, I had snow all over... And I was angry and disappointed. So we went again!

I don't know what the deal was today, once I only stood still in the piste and fell! I truly believe that I was better than last weekend, I dared more but OMG I fell more than enough times!!

Already look forward to the next time!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment