Tuesday 15 January 2013

No internet, no dish washer...

Friends, this is a sad day... Not much worked this morning.

Ok, from the start:
I went up, which is a struggle every morning, and put in some clothes, knowing that any time I could be invaded by handy men. The first guys came. There were two of them and one actually spoke English! (And what was more strange, he spoke to himself the entire time he was here!) these two guys were only here to perform some standard investigation of the electricity. Went fine.
Then number three came along, the dish washer guy. He did not speak English. We communicated briefly and I left him to his investigations. After a while he came toe with the words; "eine grosse Problem" ... That I understand. Well, he couldn't fix it. And apparently it's such a big investment to do (20 year old machine) so he will get back to the land lord to see if they will repair or buy a new one.

Then for the I telnet technician I waited... And waited. Luckily I brought my computer with me so that I could work from home. They didn't show up, but they called. Only German. First they asked me what I wanted help with.. Install Internet! Then they asked me when they could come. I kindly informed that I work 8-5 all week days.

Him - kann wir Mittwoch kommen? (Can we come wednesday)

Me - nein, Donnerstag ist besser (no, thursday is better)

Him - ok, wir sind Mittwoch am 6 komme (ok we will be there wednesday at 6)

Me - Donnerstag ist besser!

Him - ok Tuesday

... I just assume that he meant Thursday so I just said yes.

What an adventure...
Hope they will actually fix things then!

No comments:

Post a Comment