Sunday 31 March 2013

A different Easter

This year I'm celebrating Easter in Basel, with one of my best friends. It's a strange thing when you are breaking all your traditions and not do anything that you are use to doing on a traditional time like this.

Don't get me wrong!! Me and my friend have a blast!! It's just different!
She arrived Wednesday evening. Then we started with some girls talk and relaxing mainly. Thursday was all about discovering Basel, and we discovered some really nice wine shops!! Oh my! I didn't know that we had this good places!! I will so go all in and get super snobby when it comes to wine!! In the evening we cooked together... Well, H cooked and I laid the table... Sort of. It was a fantastic dinner :)

Friday we were also out discovering Basel. It was raining... And has been the entire weekend. And I have also been coughing, which is not better by me running around outside!! In the evening me and H went to France to try on a Michelin restaurant!! It was just cross the border!! 7 courses we ended up having!! Wow.... That was an adventure. And we were forced to speak French to most if the staff.

Today we had eggs for breakfast. After all it's Easter!!! And then we stayed in the entire day just watching movies. Tonight we've been to Acqua, a really nice place here in Basel. Happy to have H here!
Having a lot of fun and good discussions. But I can't help missing my family back in Sweden and wondering if we will do all our Easter tradition stuff next year instead?






1 comment:

  1. Låter som en riktigt härlig påsk. Vi firade några jular på egen hand i USA och som du säger så får det ibland bli annorlunda och så får man finna det positiva i det. Wow, blir avis på helgen ni haft. Du får berätta om de där vinställena i Basel. Eller än bättre vi får se till att gå dit. Aqua är också på min lista över ställen jag vill besöka i stan. Tell me all about resturangen i Frankrike. Låter som något som skulle passa mig och C. Vi älskar sådant.
    Kram och njut av solen idag. Vi tog en road trip ner till Como sjön för att komma undan vädret i Basel. Ser fram emot att ses på onsdag.

    ReplyDelete