Thursday 29 November 2012

Home?

Today has been an intense day, but oh so much that are into place now!

The day started with the relocation lady picking me up at 9.30. I was actually ready by then :).( My friends knows that it's really hard for me to get up in the morning... ) we went to collect the keys for my apartment. Went well! Then a trip to the immigration board to let them know that I have arrived and to get my temporary papers to be able to open up a bank account. The real papers come in two weeks. Then we went to the bank of my choice and fixed the account. I think the guy that helped me was younger than I am. He actually seemed a bit nervous, bless him! I got a nice gift as a thanks for opening my accounts! (Chocolate he told me... Feel free to spoil the surprise!!!) he also informed me about the Christmas market, which I look forward to see!
Last year I was in Germany for the Weihnachtsmarkt and had some Glühwein, feels like the same concept here and it's very nice! Apparently it is a quite big and nice one in Basel!

After the bank visit we fixed a commuters card and then paused for lunch! After lunch my relocation lady dropped me of at my apartment where a colleague of hers was waiting for me. The colleague was there to help with checking the apartment for defects and to write the protocol. He was brilliant :) then he dropped me off at my hotel. I was completely worn out, slept for two hours. Then I figured that I could just as we'll open my Internet account, phone and TV stuff. I got some advice regarding which company to chose by the relocation lady and from some friends of mine. Got some good help and now is nearly everything fixed! I however need to come back tomorrow to pick everything up, but that's fine! I will then have my new swiss iPhone 5!!!!

Tonight I've been to dinner with nice colleagues from Sweden. Had some laughters together.

Tomorrow my furniture's will arrive at 8am so I better go to sleep now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment