Monday 26 November 2012

Soon oh very soon...

My head has been about everywhere! Now I will finish yet some other things tomorrow. Today was my last day at work. Felt ok, said see you to some lovely colleagues, but it was not too sad. Probably it didn't felt so hard since I didn't leave the company. Most of them I will see again, and some if them pretty soon!

The hardest thing since last time I wrote
was to say bye to my step sister and to my niece. I know I will see them in about four weeks again, but the feeling that I won't be able to join in in an occasional brunch or dinner was too much. First time I cried!

Since last time I wrote there has been lots of progress :). There's so much to do before leaving the country like this.
I haven't ordered so that my mail will automatically go to Switzerland. Will do that. I have paid my rent, the deposits and the cleaning company. One funny thing about Switzerland is that I pay for the cleaning company that does the movin-out-cleaning. But then the same goes for the next person that moves in, and then I do not have to deal with it!

I had a moving out party, it was probably the best party I have had in my old apartment! Really nice! I have the best of friends for sure! Moving out pizza, nice gifts and some dancing :)
I have gained weight from all the farewell dinners, fikas and so. But I have a plan of starting to swim when I move to Basel, hope that will help.

Last Friday the moving company came and collected my stuff. Two big German guys and one a bit rounder did the packing and all! Thought they would show up at 8 am. One came 8.15, said they just needed a smoke... 9.15 they all started. Ok... Had a friend over for the weekend. We sat in one room watching a movie while they were working! That's life!!
The same day a second hand company came and picked up most of the things that I wouldn't bring. My mom however wanted to save some stuff. Those we moved on the Sunday. The rest of the weekend me and my friend where spending in an empty apartment with only the smallest room furnished. And now I have moved in with my parents for the final couple of days.

Wednesday I will leave the country, then my new adventure starts for real!!

No comments:

Post a Comment