Sunday 2 December 2012

My new home is almost ready

I have worked in two days to get my apartment into shape. I have to say that I feel efficient and I'm actually a bit surprised that it all went so fast!

Friday:
I was ready and at my apartment with bags and all at 8am. The guys from the moving company were already there waiting for me. I only had to give directions and then they fixed it all. Assembly was easy for them it seemed, they didn't even needed the instructions!
While they were carrying stuff up I started to unpack the boxes. Three hours later everything was in my apartment! The guys asked me if I required any more help or if they should leave. When starting a new life like this I chose to do my own unpacking. When they had left everything got quiet and I just stood there looking at the mess... It became a bit too much. I was standing there with no one to help me, the sofas where just placed by the wall and all boxes where full... I felt so alone and small so I started to cry. What have I done? Ally friends and family are in Sweden, I know practically no one here..
Well, after a while I pulled myself together and went to buy some lunch. I also systematically unpack and get some order around me and I felt much better. When the clock turned 5pm I started the great adventure of going to IKEA. I needed some screws to put a table together. When coming to IKEA I paused for dinner, meatballs :) and bought some other necessary stuff. We actually found the right screws and I could put the table together when I came home!

Saturday:
The first night spent in my new apartment I slept well. The day went on pretty much the same as Friday. Unpacking, unpacking and unpacking. But hey! I have even managed to put up most of the paintings!!! Another adventure to IKEA and to a shopping mall and a visit to the Weihnachtsmarkt to get out of the apartment and then an evening well spent with a movie and now I will go to bed again.

Tomorrow I will visit a church that I hope is a nice one. Found two in Basel with international standard (service in English) just hope I will find my way and not be late ;) (it's very rude to be late in Switzerland... How will I manage?!) in the evening I will meet up with friends for dinner.

By the way, the guy from the phone company called and said that I can't get Internet, tv or my iPhone until I get my work permit, which will be ready in TWO weeks?! It sucks! I'm addicted to social media and to Internet in such... Now I only have my Swedish phone.. This will be expensive...







No comments:

Post a Comment