Monday 3 December 2012

Second week in Basel!

Can't believe that I am this busy already. Feels like I struggle with time. Last week was pretty social. Wednesday I attended a Swedish girls mingling and met some nice people, there I got tipped off regarding an English speaking mingling the next day.... So I went of course! There I met this lovely Irish/American couple and now I will see them Wednesday evening for Christmas drinks!

Friday was the Christmas celebration at work, nice dinner with some nice people that ended up in dancing (not so good music though) we had fun! The timing on my start date was brilliant! I have some really nice colleagues, look forward to get to know them a bit better!

The weekend continued with me going to Germany for some shopping. Switzerland is very expensive! Germany is far less expensive! And they even have this lovely set up with Switzerland that if you live here you just go to the boarder and get a stamp on your receipt and the next time you come to the German store you will get 19% of the money you paid back ! So now I know that I can manage :)

This Sunday I was trying on a different church. It was just as nice as the one I visited last Sunday... Think I will alter a bit between the two until I know which one I would like to go to more permanently (or I will just keep altering! )
In the afternoon I went to a Swedish Christmas party... It was mainly for families and children. Nice though. Won some awful things in the lottery. Accident forgot to bring them home.

Now Monday has passed and Tuesday is closing in. My god, time flies!






No comments:

Post a Comment