Monday 3 December 2012

First day at work

Now I have officially started! My first day was spent with a lovely team facilitating MBTI. It was great fun! Really nice also to start delivering on something I feel really familiar with. And now I know some people at the office that I can say hi to in the office tomorrow. A day well spent!
It was tricky to find the way to the place though. But I have my city map in my pocket all the time! (Really look like tourist!!!.. But a cute one ;)).
A really nice colleague that has grown up in Basel gave me some tips and another one showed me around a bit. I even had two conversations in German!! One when handing in my shoes for repair and one when talking to a chiropractor's assistant. Didn't know that I could actually manage this language (even if I probably sound like a troubled child when shaping sentences)

Yesterday was also a good day! Went to church for the first of advent service. Found an English speaking church with some nice members :) the children was performing a Christmas play. First the youngest kids sang some songs, they were amazingly cute! Didn't sing much though, but they were dressed out as sheep :) aaaawh. Then the older kids sang and performed. I liked the people and was well taken care of. I will probably go back!

Well after church I went back to the apartment and slept for a while and then met up with two colleagues for weihnachtsmarkt and cheese fondue. Then tea at my place! Now I've had my first visitor :) also found out that we have a Christmas party at work Friday! That will be fun! Already look forward to it.








No comments:

Post a Comment