Friday 24 October 2014

In Shanghai



What a special place really...! 

It's big, it's crowded, it's loud, it's polluted...

What an experience, what a cultural chock in a way! I have seen so much since I arrived. A bit of everything. Poverty, hard work, rudeness, despair, negotiation technic, markets, dirt, etc.

But what strikes me the most is the traffic, the Vespa's, the way people dress and eat. It's different to what I'm used to. But that is of course the beauty of discovering new places and cultures. 


One thing that I find especially funny is this sign, "please fasten your safe belt"
Why is that funny? I'll tell you! There's no way you can fasten your seat belt since it's only the belt itself that exists, nothing to fasten it in! 

The food here is great! Just one time since I arrived has it been mediocre. That was when I ordered room service. Feels like luxury to be here! Both from a cost perspective and from the perspective that I'm actually here on a business trip. It's unreal! 


No comments:

Post a Comment